That's Our Policy. And So Is This.
Our Sustainability Policy is based on the following principles:
- To comply with, and exceed where practicable, all applicable legislation, regulations, and codes of practice.
- To integrate sustainability considerations into all our business decisions.
- To ensure that all staff are fully aware of our Sustainability Policy and are committed to implementing and improving it.
- To minimize the impact on sustainability of all office and transportation activities.
- To make clients and suppliers aware of our Sustainability Policy, and encourage them to adopt sound sustainable management practices.
- To review, annually report, and to continually strive to improve our sustainability performance.
Purchase of equipment and consumption of resources
Minimize our use of paper and other office consumables; for example, double-siding all paper used and identifying opportunities to reduce waste.
As far as possible, arrange for the reuse or recycling of office waste, including paper, computer supplies, and redundant equipment.
Reduce the energy consumption of office equipment by purchasing energy efficient equipment and good housekeeping.
Ensure that timber furniture and any other timber products are recycled or from well-managed, sustainable sources and are Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified and meet CPSIA Standards.
To offer suggestions for the selection of sustainable promotional merchandise as an option for marketing materials, custom orders, and website options.
Working practices and advice to clients
Undertake voluntary work with the local community and/or environmental organizations and make donations of redundant merchandise to seek to offset carbon emissions from our activities.
Travel and meetings
Walk, cycle and/or use public transportation to attend meetings, client visits, etc., apart from exceptional circumstances where the alternatives are impractical and/or cost prohibitive and time sensitive.
Avoid physically traveling to meetings, etc., where alternatives are available and practical, such as using teleconferencing, video conferencing or web cams, and efficient timing of meetings to avoid multiple trips. These options are also often more time efficient, while not sacrificing the benefits of regular contact with clients.
Reduce the need for our staff to travel by supporting alternative working arrangements, including home working and travel share.
If sustainable business practices are important to you, contact St. Croix Promotions & Retail.